Pleasure Isn’t Optional
5 Secrets To Increasing Your Pleasure Now.
“I can’t remember the last time I actually felt delicious, seems like I am always tired these days.”
“Pleasure is for the younger generation, at my age, I’m happy just making it through the day.”
“After birthing my children, I never quite felt the same and now I have no idea what it means to feel sensually alive.”
“I’m too busy to think about pleasure and find it rather irritating to be bombarded with messages of sex and orgasm on a daily basis.”
“My partner has left me for what he calls a more orgasmically expressed woman. It hurts, but to be honest, I have never really known my own orgasmic potential.”
These are comments I hear every day from women around the world and they point to something important:
As much as we have ‘advanced’ our civilization, it seems to me that we have digressed in the realm of being deeply alive, expressed human beings.
What is your current relationship to pleasure?
Is it a random event or something reliant on external circumstances?
Or is it something you cherish and spend time exploring?
Pleasure isn’t a commodity, something we can buy by the ‘bunch’ or ‘jar-full’ despite a multi-billion dollar industry doing its best to convince us that our pleasure is a result of having something ‘external’.
Rather, pleasure is what we are.
Pleasure is like breathing, digesting, and our heart beating.
It delivers essential messages to our brain, triggering the centers which enable us to express our true selves with courage, self-esteem, and creativity.
In fact, pleasure is the very ingredient that nurtures life itself, for without it we literally fall ill.
Studies of nitric oxide (a substance naturally produced by our body when we experience something pleasurable) show that low the levels of nitric oxide make our body more disease prone, whereas high levels of nitric oxide keeps us vibrant and functioning efficiently.
How do we raise our nitric oxide levels?
Pure and simple: On-going infusions of pleasure.
This includes all things that induce the sensation of pleasure within us as well as sexual pleasure, but not just any kind of sexual pleasure.
In the state I like to call “relaxed arousal”, we access deep arousal while experiencing profound levels of relaxation, surrender, and softening.
This type of pleasure actually resets our entire being to function at its true potential and allows us to access transcendent states of consciousness!
5 Secrets to Relaxed Arousal:
- Choosing Pleasure: Discover new ways to delight yourself regularly. Be creative, explore all of your senses regularly and drop into a profound connection with them.
- Eliminating Stress: Do your best to eliminate stressors such as: bad relationships, work you hate, living in a toxic space, eating food that makes you acidic, etc. Stress actually numbs our capacity to feel pleasure and yet we need pleasure to counter-act the damaging effects of stress.
- Enjoy Softening: Define for yourself ways in which you could soften and relax, such as taking a bath with flower petals and candle light or deepening your breath when receiving a compliment or touch from someone.
- Self-Pleasuring: You must become your own best lover and give yourself the touch you yearn for. Let go of any goals towards orgasm, instead indulge in exploring yourself slowly. Pause, soften, and breathe as you start to get aroused. The more you take the time to explore your pleasure potential, the more you ignite it!
- Jade Egg Practice: The practice of using a small Jade Egg inter-vaginally. It’s excellent for pelvic health and awakening your pleasure potential. It also helps to send much needed signals via your pelvic nerve to your brain so that you can live from a deeply integrated, creative, place of self-love.
Aside from the obvious ‘sensual/sexual’ side of pleasure, pleasure also comes in many forms. Do you know what your key ‘pleasure activation’ activities are?
Make time right now to discover what simple, yet fun activities that you could do each day to create higher doses of pleasure for yourself.
Pleasure Tip of the Day:
The more you get your groove on, the more alive you will feel!
One of the fastest ways to shift our mood, enhance our life-giving hormones, and create more openness in our body is through moving & shaking!
See if you can find a few minutes each day in this coming week (& longer if it brings you delight) to put on a favorite piece of music and just let yourself move with joy and innocence.
If you want to add a pelvic healing component, then add some curvy movements with your hips such as hip circles, side-to-side or front-to-back tilts, or even a shimmy or three!
Whatever you choose make pleasure a priority.
You will find yourself feeling more fulfilled, juicy, confident, and expressed and the world will be a better place for it.
If you want more delicious aliveness in your life, be sure to put your name and email below and you will instantly receive my free video series: 3 Myths That Are Killing Your Pleasure (& What To Do About It).
And be sure to leave your comment below on what steps you are taking to weave more pleasure into your life.